Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Books I've Read in 2010

My goal for this blog is to post at least two reviews a week (though it'd be nice if I could do three). However, I realize that if I -only- post reviews then I'll eventually get bored and give it up. So, after browsing around some other book blogs and getting ideas I've decided to make a plain record of books I've read this year. : )

I don't have a set number of books I'm trying to read because I think it's hard to give each book the same value. But, I have written down the title and author of each book I've read in a notebook since I was in fifth grade. It gives me a sense of accomplishment to write them down after I finish a huge tome like Bleak House! So, I figure why not share it here?

I'll be including books, plays and novellas that I haven't read before on this list. Although I love graphic novels and manga, I consider them to be a different experience that merits a separate category.

2010 so far
1. The Alchemyst by Michael Scott
2. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
3. Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote
4. Little Bee by Chris Cleave
5. Airman by Eoin Colfer
6. The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James
7. Naomi by Junichiro Tanizaki
8. Shanghai by Yokomitsu Riichi
9. Maggie: A Girl of the Streets by Stephen Crane
10. Bleak House by Charles Dickens
11. Villette by Charlotte Bronte
12. The Princetta by Anne-Laure Bondoux
13. The Awakening by Kate Chopin
14. Twinkle Twinkle by Kaori Ekuni
15. The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
16. Middlemarch by George Elliot
17. Sister Carrie by Theodore Dreiser
18. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
19. The Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy
20. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
21. Breath by Donna Jo Napoli
22. Austenland by Shannon Hale
23. Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
24. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
25. Cybele's Secret by Juliet Marillier
26. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
27. Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto
28. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
29. City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
30. City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
31. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

No comments:

Post a Comment